Bad Herrenalb, Northern Black Forest
Nature, culture & sport
The beach house and the deckhouses are both located on the edge of Bad Herrenalb, which is a climatic health resort and spa at the same time. In the spa resort with the rare double distinction, you can breathe a sigh of relief, immerse yourself and do the very best for your health.
The Strandhaus vacation complex with its three individual apartments is located in the Alb valley directly on the beach of the Alb river. The campsite is on the other side and the meadows and forests of the Central/North Black Forest Nature Park begin, which eventually merge into the Black Forest National Park.
The three houses of the “SchwarzwaldDeck” are located four kilometers above in the Upper Gaistal, adjacent to the nature reserve and in the immediate vicinity of the ski lift, the wildcat adventure trail and the start of many cycling and hiking trails. 7 kilometers away you have a fantastic view from the Teufelsmühle far into the Vosges. In winter, you can start directly from there into the Kaltenbronn cross-country skiing area.
The town center of Bad Herrenalb is not far away, a 10-minute walk across the meadows takes you from the Strandhaus to the picturesque town hall square and spa park with its natural Alb riverbank. Take a look at the current calendar of events in Bad Herrenalb.
For those who would like to venture a little further afield on a cultural voyage of discovery:
- The Hermann Hesse Museum in Calw is well worth a visit (approx. 45 minutes by car)
- ZKM – Center for Art and Media in Karlsruhe (approx. 30 min by car)
- And, of course, art KARLSRUHE, THE international fair for classical modern and contemporary art, takes place every February
You can hire e-bikes and e-cars by the hour or by the day from the tourist information office in Bad Herrenalb town hall. Or you can take the S-Bahn or buses to the surrounding area. You can find the Karlsruher Verkehrs Verbund, our local transport association, here.
View over the town
The beach house
Bird’s eye view
100 meters from the beach house is the heatedoutdoor forest pool in Bad Herrenalb. This outdoor pool in the heart of nature offers swimming fun in natural spring water, a 45-meter super slide, 1 and 3-meter diving boards, a massage mushroom and a large sunbathing lawn with volleyball court. Food and drink: in the outdoor pool café with a beautiful terrace. You can reach the Siebentäler Therme on foot via the spa promenade in about 25 minutes with a high-quality thermal and wellness offer – also for children from the age of 3!
You can find an overview of current activities in Bad Herrenalb on You’re doing me good.
The cycling and hiking trails through the region start not far from the houses:
- Long loop via the Teufelsmühle: this challenging, varied hike has been certified as a “dream tour” quality trail since 2016. Unique views, natural highlights and refreshment stops await you here.
- Spring experience trail
- Black Forest Nature Park
- Albtal adventure trail
- Mountain Bike Arena MurgEnz
- Further countless adventure tours in the region can be found on the nature park pages
- Guided themed walks are offered by the town of Bad Herrenalb.
- We would also like to recommend our friend and hiking guide Monika Amann! She offers scheduled and individual tours. Contact here.